WordPress is ideal for creating an efficient website for SMEs. There is no need to sign up for night school to study IT or invest in costly or a license; you can simply log in and get started. WordPress offers an extensive range of designs and features, allowing the majority of companies to create the website they want for marketing their goods and services.
With an in-built content management system (CMS), WordPress also makes it easy to keep your business website up-to-date. If you have a computer, internet access and are confident using Word, you will have no problem in keeping your website current without the need for a technical guy. As your business evolves, you can save time and money by making changes on your website that best reflect what you offer. This includes adding new images, video content or pages, as well as updating prices or text.
WordPress is a popular web publishing platform; more than a fifth of the top 10 million most popular websites are created using WordPress. One in every six websites on the World Wide Web is powered by WordPress *. If you are looking for reassurance that it can offer you what you need, then this all adds up to a good endorsement!
Below are further reasons why WordPress is ideal for small businesses:
1. WordPress is search engine friendly, making it easier for your website to be found on the Web. The structure of WordPress websites are purposely built to be easy to navigate for the end user, as well as for the web crawling robots used by Google and Bing.
2. WordPress is over 10 years old and has successfully stood the test of time. Its open-source nature has been developed and tested to make it a world-class publishing system.
3. The latest WordPress editions are responsive, so business websites are shown appropriately on PCs, laptops, mobile and tablet devices. With a responsive design , there is no need to build, optimize and maintain additional version of the same website for small screens and touch-screen devices.
4. As your business evolves, it is straightforward to extend your website functionality (for example adding a shopping cart, booking system or just a simple inquiry from). There are plugins to accomplish such tasks without the need to rebuild the whole website. Plugins are easy to install and customize.
5. The availability of high quality templates make it easier to define the initial website layout and minimize the development time required to build your website. This makes it a more affordable option for many small businesses.
6. If you need a developer to add custom features, resolve an issue or make an update to your website, there are literally thousands of developers with knowledge and experience of WordPress who could help. If you prefer to do the work yourself, you can also get valuable advice from easy to follow online tutorials.
7. To use WordPress you do not need to install any software on your computer. For a website with standard features you do not need to know HTML or have other programming skills. Adding your images, video and text is as simple as using Word, as you can copy and paste your content.
8. Once WordPress is set up and customized for your website, you can easily create new pages or edit existing content. You can easily keep your website regularly updated without being tied to the services of a web designer.
These points outline some of the reasons why WordPress is a valuable solution, especially for small business websites. So many businesses use it because it is affordable, you can create exactly what you want using their range of existing designs, features and plugins and it is easy to keep it up to date in the long term. If you have any further questions about the suitability and cost of WordPress for your business website, please get in touch.
* source : WordPress statistics – (Forbes, which is itself based on WordPress)